Gas prices continue to rise as we head towards summer, and we are all looking for ways to get better fuel efficiency out of our cars. With gas mileage, small changes can make a big difference that adds up over time. Listed below are 11 ideas to help you stretch your dollar at the gas pump so you can still hit the open road without it hurting too much.
1. Drive a fuel efficient vehicle. A brand new Prius may not be the answer for everyone, but if you are in the market for a new car, fuel economy is getting better and better, and should be an important factor to consider in your next purchase.
2. Avoid rough roads. Driving on roads like dirt and gravel can decrease your miles per gallon by almost 30%. Stick to roads that are paved and smooth, which is not only easier on your shocks but on your wallet as well.
3. Maintain your car. A car that is running properly isn't going to waste gas and will be more efficient all around. Regular maintenance might seem like a pain and an added expense at the time, but over time will save you money.
4. Keep your tires properly inflated. All it takes is a quick stop at the air tank to make sure that your tires are inflated to the right amount, getting you better gas mileage and keeping you safer while driving.
5. Avoid rush hour. The constant stop and go traffic is killer on your gas mileage. If you can, try and travel during non-peak hours to maximize use of your fuel.
6. Consolidate your trips. Picking up the kids from school, running to the grocery store and dropping off the dry cleaning can all be done in one trip, if you plan accordingly. Managing to put several small trips together into one big trip can improve your gas mileage too.
7. Lighten your load. Is your trunk full of stuff that you never use? Make it a point to take out stuff that you don't use to decrease what your car has to haul around on a daily basis.
8. Reduce drag. Take off your ski racks, bike racks, and luggage racks when you aren't using them.
9. Use the cruise control. A consistent speed will do wonders for your gas mileage and it is easiest to achieve when the cruise control is on.
10. Don't idle. It turns out that you get zero miles per gallon when you are idling, so just shut off your car if you need to be sitting instead of driving.
11. Shop around for the cheapest gas. There are lots of places online that you can check for the cheapest gas in your neighborhood, so when you fill up you can get the best jump on saving money.
This guest post was written by Freedom Rims, a Responsible Military Lender since 1983. Freedom Rims offers military financing for a variety of rims and tires including ICW Racing rims and BIGG rims throughout the USA. With our rims financing, we can help you find the perfect rims and tires for your ride!
More Guest Blogs on GRAutoBlog:
3 Easy Tips to Save You Money on Gas
6 Steps to Carefully Buying a Used Car
6 Things to Consider When Selecting Tires
The Importance of Having Your Car Serviced
Top 5 Gifts for Car Enthusiasts
insurance for safetyReplyDelete
car insurance quotes
I guess, a regular maintenance is the best way to keep the car move smoothly and deliver the best MPG it can. From few days, I was searching for some more tips to make my car give better MPG. Glad that I got yours! Maintaining the tire pressure and keeping the vehicle light weight can also be helpful. I got similar tips when I talked to Mini Cooper Maintenance Orlando, FL, my care center. Hope these tips will help me out.ReplyDelete
Crowdfunding has been around for quite a few years. It has empowered people to use the power of community to raise money to accomplish bigger things. visit coverrme.com.ReplyDelete
Pretty useful tips! These can surely be helpful to get more mpg out of your car. Yes, rough road is a factor that sucks fuel the most. Also we need to avoid heavy drags from the car so that it can deliver better fuel mileage. Thanks for adding a few about these important tips. Proper maintenance and timely oil change is the best way to gain the best mpg out of your vehicle. Best car care tips.ReplyDelete
To be honest, I have already thought about electric cars many times. I think soon it will be possible to buy a used Nisan Leaf or Tesla. I also bought my car from the dealer, and thank God it was a very successful purchase of the car and that check one of the most informative https://vincarhistory.com/vin-decoder/genesis . But you are right, fuel is the most tricky limiting factor, especially if three people in my family has a car. My wife, my brother, and my car.ReplyDelete
I really search for this question how to get more mpg with the car but after reading your article truly my doubts has been cleared. Definitely, your tips not only save your money but also they will avoid any wear and tear of your vehicle in long run. And basically, proper and regular maintenance along with good driving habits are key to spending less money at the gas pump. Another advantageous point is it will also keep your car running longer so you don't need to buy another one.ReplyDelete
Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer!.. mecnitecs mechanicsReplyDelete
thanks for this usefull article, waiting for this article like this again. truck bed cover reviewsReplyDelete
We square measure service offer for Indica, Tavera, Innova, Tempo mortal, Etios, Swift dzire, Mount Logan and every one luxury cars offered to Tirupati rental services that square measure pioneer in providing economical prices.. Location voiture Marrakech aéroport Agence pas cher Car RentalReplyDelete
The website is looking bit flashy and it catches the visitors eyes. Design is pretty simple and a good user friendly interface. eliaandponto.comReplyDelete
I really like your writing style, great information, thankyou for posting. www.eliaandponto.com/ReplyDelete
The information you have posted is very useful. The sites you have referred was good. Thanks for sharing this: niche adults relevantReplyDelete
Excellent blog. You have provided information in every detail about get more MPG with your car. But to buy latest model of audi visit here audi carReplyDelete
Thank you :), for all the effort put forth by all who have worked hard to make this possible. This is great news.I love soccer title loans onlineReplyDelete
Very well explained...
These are the simple car care tips to increase your car's mileage. Few days back I was worried, as i want to sell my car a good price. But how can i get good price, then i saw an article by Professional Car Repair Online Winnipeg on How to increase your car's resale value. Such a great article!!
If you also want to increase your car's resale value, then you must read this article once.
I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles Awesome post! This is helpful post. This article is clear and with lots of useful information. Sell Car PlatesReplyDelete
This Article is Awesome. It’s helped me a lot. Please keep up your good work. We are always with you and Waiting for your new interesting articles. get free carfax reportReplyDelete
This Article is Awesome. It’s helped me a lot. Please keep up your good work. We are always with you and Waiting for your new interesting articles. get free carfax report.ReplyDelete